The Website and App are intended to assist you with the logistics of finding a veterinary professional only and are not intended to replace medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment or to be used in emergency or situations requiring urgent veterinary or medical attention. VetSpotting does not directly or indirectly practice veterinary medicine, render veterinary medical advice, or dispense veterinary medical services through the Services. No aspect of the Services is intended to provide, or should be construed as providing, any medical or veterinary services, medical or veterinary advice, diagnosis or treatment of any kind. Interaction on the Website or App does not constitute a veterinarian-animal/patient relationship.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER SITES
Please note that the Services may contain links to other websites, and the Services may allow you to download or otherwise access content (including software), controlled by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these or any other websites or content controlled by third parties, and you access and utilize such content and websites entirely at your own risk. We recommend that you review the privacy and other practices governing any other websites that you choose to visit and any content you wish to download or otherwise access.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information We Collect From You. Before permitting you to use the Services, we require you to create an account or give us personal information, including but not limited to:
- Personal information: your phone, email, and other similar information.
- Mobile Device names or images, location details, and/or the type of Mobile Device you are using to access our Services.
- Information provided as part of the Services: address, pet type/breed, pet age/weight, information about symptoms, and other similar information.
- We may collect information about you from any contact you have with any of our Services or employees, such as, with our customer support team, in surveys, or through interactions with our affiliates or suppliers.
Information Collected Electronically and From Other Sources.When you visit the Services, we may also store information based on your usage history. This includes, but is not limited to, content you viewed, click stream information, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account. We use various technologies to collect and store information, which may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device. If applicable, our advertising partners may also transmit cookies to your browser, application or mobile device, when you click on ads that appear on the Services. Also, if you click on a link to a third party website or service, that third party may also transmit cookies to you.
Information from Your Mobile Device.We may also use technologies, such as location-based information, to provide you with tailored information and features as you use our Services. When you access the Services on your mobile device, we may obtain information from your mobile device about the type of mobile device you are using. We may use this information to notify you of features and products that may be available on your mobile device via the Services. Certain features of the Services may require our collection of the phone number of your mobile device. We may link that phone number to the mobile device identification information, but will not use that number for telemarketing. In addition, some mobile network providers (“Mobile Provider”) in the U.S. are required to use technology that tracks the physical location of mobile devices that use their service. Depending on your Mobile Provider and/or mobile device, we may automatically receive this information. The Services also use location tracking (“pinpointing”) information that we require to provide the Services to you. Most Mobile Devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the Mobile Device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your Mobile Device’s location services, we recommend you contact your Mobile Provider or your Mobile Device manufacturer.
HOW WE STORE INFORMATION
We store and process your information maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We maintain physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems and use safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We enforce physical access controls to our buildings, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill the responsibilities of their jobs.
While we use commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with the Services, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. WE DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT, OR GUARANTEE THAT OUR SAFEGUARDS WILL PROTECT THE TOTAL PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION DISCLOSED ON THE SERVICES. Your information may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to or from us. We cannot and do not ensure, represent, warrant, or guarantee the security of any information you transmit through the Services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information. We may use this information to verify your identity, verify your address, or manage risk. We may also use the information to perform and improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for medical research. For example, we may use the information to provide customer service and support, process transactions, resolve disputes, collect payments, prevent illegal activities, customize the Services and recommendations, reduce risk to all parties involved in our transactions, and verify the accuracy of information.
We may use the information to deliver targeted marketing, products, or service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Services, content, and advertising. We may also do so in order to improve our prediction methodologies and algorithms.
De-Identified Information. We may use and share non-personal information – that is, de-identified information that cannot be used to identify you – for any lawful business purpose without any obligation or accounting to you. For example, we can use non-personal information for developing products, services, and providing those offerings to other users and third parties. We may use your personal information to generate non-personal information. When we do so, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that the non-personal information is no longer personally identifiable and cannot later be used to identify you. We may also disclose non-personal, aggregate, anonymous data in a de-identified format based on information collected from users to investors and potential affiliates and vendors.
WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION
WE DON’T SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. WE DON’T SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS OR OTHER PUBLIC OR SEMI-PUBLIC PLACES UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY YOU TO DO SO. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE AGGREGATE ANONYMOUS REPORTING.
We Share Your Information for the Following Reasons:
- We share your personal information with employees, affiliates, vendors, and third parties as required to offer the Services. This includes, but is not limited to, processing transactions, maintaining your account, responding to court orders and legal investigations, litigation purposes, complying with audits or other investigations, and reporting to credit bureaus.
- We share your personal information as necessary in order for us to market and sell products and services to you. For example, we may use personalized ads, sometimes referred to as targeted or interest-based ads, based on information about you, such as visits to our Website pages where we provide ads or content. We also may decide to share your information for joint marketing purposes with other companies.
- We also may allow advertisers to choose the users who will see their advertisements or promotional offers. You agree that we may provide any non-personal information we have collected from you to an Advertiser, so that Advertiser may select the appropriate audience for advertisements or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in Chicago to show you ads or offers for Chicago businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are.
- We may decide to share information about your transactions and experiences using the Services (but not about your creditworthiness) to our affiliates for their everyday business purposes.
- We will share your information with any party when required by law or by a government request to do so or to combat fraud or criminal activity. We may share your personal information in order to protect the rights, property or safety of a user or any other person. We may share your personal information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
- We may share your information in the event of a corporate transaction or proceeding resulting in a transfer of our assets or line of business relating to the Services.
HOW YOU CAN OPT OUT OR UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If your personal information changes, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update and/or remove your previously provided personal information. This can be done by emailing a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.When you sign up for our updates or receive email messages from us, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of special offers and site updates. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in a manner consistent with your stated preferences.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes: (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year, and (iii) examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information). If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
ELIGIBILITY TO USE SERVICES
To be eligible to use the Services, you must be at least 18 years old, agree to be bound by these Terms and the laws of the State of Illinois, and a resident in the United States. If you do not meet any and all of these criteria, please do NOT use the Services.
USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.